What's oil filter press?
Oil filter press is used to purify impurities and remove solids out from the crude oil, so the filtered oil can be used for food or other cooking purposes. In the cooking oil industry, oil filter press is the most common filtration machine to ensure high quality edible oils. As for palm oil processing and palm kernel oil production, filtration is one of the most important section to get the pure and high quality palm oil and palm kernel oil.
Typical Oil Filter Press Structure
Difference between palm oil and palm kernel oil
Palm oil and palm kernel oil are two distinct oils that derived from oil palm tree. Palm oil is obtained from the pulp of oil palm fruit while palm kernel oil is derived from oil palm seed - palm kernel. Both of them are highly saturated vegetable fats - palm oil is about 50% and palm kernel oil is up to 80%. Palm oil, naturally in red or god, contain a high amount of beta-carotene, making it heart-healthy from human.
Palm Oil & Palm Kernel Oil
Types of palm oil filter press and palm kernel oil filter press
Both the crude palm oil and palm kernel oil should be filtered or refined. During the filteration or refining process, oil filter press plays an important role. Generally, there are three types of oil filter press for palm oil and palm kernel oil: Plate Filter Press, Vertical Leaf Filter Press and Centrifugal Filter.
Palm oil plate filter press
Palm oil filter press can effectively purify the crude palm oil by utilizing fine-mesh filtration clothes. Principally, crude palm oil goes through the filtration cloth, which forms rooms between plates, and comes out from the faucet under great pressure. Palm oil filter is mainly used to remove non-glyceride within the crude palm oil, like nuts shell, trace metals and substance of oxidation. Unlike traditional manual filtering, palm oil plate filter has many wonderful features.
- Highly efficient and relatively clean and healthy
- Scientific structure is user-friendly and maintains smooth operation
- Suitable for processing a very wide range of vegetable oils
Palm Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Plate Filter Press
Palm oil vertical filter press
Palm oil vertical filter is mainly composed of oil tank, hoisting mechanism, filtration meshes, vibration system, pressure display, slag discharging valve and other. It is widely used in most of palm oil and palm kernel oil production process and palm oil refinery plant, including decoloration, clarification, separation and other process. It is the best filtration method for solid-liquid separation. The main features of palm oil vertical filters are as follows. See also Crude Palm Oil Clarification
- Compact size takes up small plant space
- Reasonable design requires less labors but still ensure high efficiency
- Easy to operate and maintain for long-term performance
- Provide ideal solution for oil filtration blocking and stumble oil discharging.
Palm Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Stand Filter
Centrifugal filter is also used to filter crude palm oil and palm kernel oil that is mixed with foreign impurities, such as solids, soluble glue and others. It employs high-speed rotation centrifugal shaft to separate impurities from crude oils. It ensures effective oil filtering and much purer oil, which is more likely to meet the requirements of cooking or food. Besides, it is also ideal to filter other vegetable oils, such as rapeseed oil, sesame oil, peanut oil and more.
Steps to use the centrifugal filter within a palm oil refineing plant:
- Turn on the separator to check whether it can operate normally. If no, please carefully check the rotating drums.
- Start filtering system by opening the water valve and seal. Then, switch the valve to let crude oil into the rotating drum. Keep adjusting the valve for proper filtering capacity.
- Close the filtering system: stop the heater, valves, power source and clean and wash the rotating drum for next use.
Palm Oil & Palm Kernel Oil Centrifugal Filter